Tastethedram will be covering the January 16, 2017 Chocolate Pairing with Whiskey Event in NYC at the Handcraft NYC Kitchen and Cocktails Space. There is nothing better than increasing the palate flavors of the whiskey by complementing them with out of this world chocolates to see how the flavor profile changes. Please read more about the event details below, and we hope to see you all there! Come have a dram and a piece of chocolate with us.
About Castronovo Chocolate: Castronovo Chocolate makes award-winning American craft chocolate. The company was started by former ecologist and preservationist Denise Castronovo in 2013, in part to create a market for products that support rainforest ecosystems while providing a stable economy for its indigenous people who live off of the rainforest and harvest cacao. Denise searches throughout Latin America for cocoa beans with extraordinary flavor. How they are harvested and prepared are just as important. The company is passionate about protecting heirloom varieties of cacao, enabling rainforest conservation, promoting peace in post-conflict regions. Each Castronovo Chocolate bar has its own unique story that positively reflects its area of origin, impacts biodiversity and protects the culture of indigenous people.
About HandCraft Kitchen & Cocktails: Since opening in 2015, Handcraft Kitchen & Cocktails has been focused on its mission: bringing excitement and innovation to American comfort food classics and the overall bar experience. This charge is carried out daily through a variety of signature dishes, an extensive craft beer list and fresh, inventive cocktails made from scratch.
CHOCOLATE & WHISKEY TASTING EVENT
Tuesday, January 16th
6:30 p.m.- 8:30 p.m.
HandCraft Kitchen & Cocktails and award-winning Castronovo Chocolate are hosting a night of chocolate and whiskey. Five organic, bean-to-bar chocolates – including dark milk chocolate – will be paired with five outstanding whiskeys. In addition, all participants in the tasting will receive a complimentary set of the five featured chocolates:
- Rare Cacao Collection Amazonas(72% wild cacao) – Delicate flavors of blackberry, floral, malt and cashew with a robust chocolate backbone. Awards: Silver Winner of the Academy of Chocolate Awards 2017 (London) Dark Bean to Bar under 80% category; Bronze Winner of the International Chocolate Awards World Finals 2016 (single-origin micro-batch dark chocolate); Bronze Winner of the International Chocolate Awards Americas & Asia Pacific Semifinals 2016 (single-origin micro-batch dark chocolate); Bronze Winner of the 2016 Academy of Chocolate Awards (London) (single-origin dark chocolate).
- The Lost City, Honduras (72% Trinitario cacao) – Exceptional nutty flavor notes of roasted almonds. Award: Silver Winner of the Academy of Chocolate Awards 2017 (London) Dark Bean to Bar under 80% category.
- Signature Collection – Nicalizo, Nicaragua(70% heirloom cacao) – Fruit flavors of plum and cherry with rich buttery notes of peppercorn and a lovely long-lasting finish of roasted walnut. Awards: World Bronze Winner of the International Chocolate Awards 2017; Silver Winner of the International Chocolate Awards Americas & Asia Pacific Semifinals 2017 (single-origin micro-batch dark chocolate); Silver Winner of the Academy of Chocolate Awards 2017 (London) Dark Bean to Bar under 80% category.
- Signature Collection – Patanemo, Venezuela Dark Milk (66% cacao) – Walnut, coffee, caramel and nutmeg.Award: Bronze Winner of the Academy of Chocolate Awards 2017 (London) Milk Chocolate Category.
- Honduras Dark Milk with Fleur de Sel (60% cacao) – Guatemalan fleur de sel complements the savory nutty flavors in this dark, rich and creamy chocolate.
Tickets: $65 per person can be purchased on Eventbrite.